About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day

I didn't " forget " about Father's Day , it just wasn't a pleasant one here with DH being sick . He actually went to bed after a quiet weekend camping . He wasn't into visiting and just didn't encourage our friends to visit for long ...... and I totally understood that ! They might not have but they aren't the ones suffering either ......

However , Father's day does mean something to me . I have a Father that means so much to me . He is a quiet person who shows little emotion but is an old softy when you get to know him . We were terrified of him growing up but that was because Mom always threatened us with " WAIT UNTIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME ! " ...Years later we found out he was a teddy bear and a pushover ... only it took the grandkids to figure that out . Go figure !!! LOL ! I Love you Dad !

And then there is my DH , my rock , my partner , my life ........ he is a silent strength that pushes me through life in an unseen way , he has stood by our children through thick and thin and he is their supporter in all things . He has shown them about confidence in ones self even when he is so unsure of himself most of the time ( and he should be so proud of what he has done with his life and the wonderful person he is ) , he has shown them about work ethics and how to be the best in their field and to strive just a litle farther ...... even though one offspring keeps slipping on this but some day he will find his footing and then look out - he is his Father's son . He has shown them that a life altering disease should stop life but to make it mean more and make the best of each day and to enjoy those little things . His shining light is his grandchildren and he gets very emotional when one gets a good mark in school or wins a swimming race or even if it is just their first smile . He loves me , he loves his kids and their spouses and he loves his grandchildren - all 5 of them ! He is the Best and he is so dearly loved ...so Happy Father's Day................... and I hope next year you can enjoy it !

1 comment:

  1. donna, you made me cry with that post. seriously i am sitting here bawling. i can tell that you love keith soooo much and i hope to god he will be okay and heal and get well. he must know how much you love him and need him.

    ReplyDelete