About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Friday, July 06, 2007

Bump , bump , bump .....




It has been a stress month but we have managed to move into July with hopefully less stress then June . DH is actually taking a short medical leave in order to get his UC under control . That alone tells you how sick he is as he NEVER takes a day off just because .... and now he is paying for it ! These beautiful flowers with the huge flowers in oranges and yellows were sent by the company he works for ! They are just beautiful ! And the beautiful arrangement with the butterfly was sent by my good friend Lisa as she was trying to cheer us up ! She is a good friend ! Thank you !!! These beautiful flowers have actually lasted over two weeks and the two roses just died yesterday and had to thrown out - sad ! They are my travelling flowers though as they have put on a few miles .as they came camping with us and definately brightened up the motorhome .. LOL ! When DH finally decided that he needed a few days of rest we headed out camping not far from town ( 45 minutes ) for 6 days . Was a wonderful relaxing week for the most part . The black flies and mosquitos almost ate us alive but we survived with a camper's perfume -OFF SPORTSMAN !!! I did manage to read 3 large paperbacks too and DH slept on his chair ... I threatened to duct tape him to it and duct tape his Blackberry if I caught him looking at it !!! Was a strange camping trip as well as DH & I both had our cell phones turned on the whole time ( usually we " lose " them immediately ) .....
The reason for the cell phones is that DH's brother was diagnosed with brain cancer and was not doing well . More stress ! Right now he is finishing up a round of radiation ( 12 treatments ) and then it will be on to chemo . The cancer is aggressive so lets pray that he gets some positive results today when he sees his DR . DH actually flew out to see him when we got home and will be gone a few more days . MIL and SIL & her husband are there as well ......... but we leave that right where it is ! NO COMMENT !!!
I am hoping DH will stay off work at least all of next week ( his Dr signed a 4 week leave ) but he is a stubborn man and feels so guilty about not being at work and having others cover for him . I am not sure what he will do about our holidays either as we have 2 weeks booked at the end of July with the oldest son and granddaughter to go to a lake for some camping and fishing ...................
So the road is bumpy again .................

No comments:

Post a Comment