About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, November 30, 2006

" Twas the night before Christmas ( a Mom's version )

From my DIL


> T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (Moms' version)

It was the night
> before Christmas, when all thru the abode Only one creature was
> stirring, and she was cleaning the commode. The children were finally
> sleeping, all snug in their beds, while visions of Barbie and X-Box
> flipped through their heads. The dad was snoring in front of the TV,
> with a half-constructed bicycle propped on his knee.
> So only the mom heard the reindeer hooves clatter, which made her
> sigh, "Now what is the matter?!"
> With toilet bowl brush still clutched in her hand, She descended the
> stairs, and saw the old man.
> He was covered with ashes and soot which fell with a shrug, "Oh
> great," muttered the mom, "Now I have to clean the rug."
> "Ho Ho Ho!" cried Santa, "I'm glad you're awake."
> "Your gift was especially difficult to make."
> "Thanks, Santa, but all I want is time alone."
> "Exactly!" he chuckled, "So, I've made you a clone."
> "A clone?" she muttered, "What good is that?"
> "Run along, Santa, I've no time for chit chat."
> Then out walked the clone - The mother's twin, Same hair, same eyes,
> same double chin.
> "She'll cook, she'll dust, she'll mop every mess.
> You'll relax, take it easy, watch The Young and The Restless."
> "Fantastic!" the mom cheered. "My dream has come true!"
> "I'll shop, I'll read, I'll sleep a night through!"
> From the room above, the youngest did fret.
> "Mommy?! Come quickly, I'm scared and I'm wet."
> The clone replied, "I'm coming, sweetheart."
> "Hey," the mom smiled, "She sure knows her part."
> The clone changed the small one and hummed her tune, as she bundled
> the child in a blanket cocoon.
> "You're the best mommy ever. I really love you."
> The clone smiled and sighed, "And I love you, too."
> The mom frowned and said, "Sorry, Santa, no deal."
> That's MY child's LOVE she is trying to steal."
> Smiling wisely Santa said, "To me it is clear, Only one loving mother
> is needed here."
> The mom kissed her child and tucked her in bed.
> "Thank You, Santa, for clearing my head.
> I sometimes forget, it won't be very long, when they'll be too old for
> my cradle and song."
> The clock on the mantle began to chime.
> Santa whispered to the clone, "It works every time."
> With the clone by his side Santa said "Goodnight.
> Merry Christmas, dear Mom, You will be all right."
> Sometimes we need reminding of what life is all about. Especially at
> times
during the Holiday season, when all we seem to do is clean and bake and
shop and and, and, and, and, and, and....You get the picture, I'm sure.
So stop for a moment and hug that little one so special, whether he/she
is 2 years old or 20 years old....Everyone needs your hug!
> For they are the Gift that God gave us in life... and what a gift to
> be treasured, far above any other!
> Seasons greetings to all!

1 comment: