About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Monday, September 11, 2006

Another trip over .... and another " bump "

DH & I got home last evening after spending the day flying home from 10 days with his brother and sister-in-law . While there they both came down with a " bug " though BrIL said it was food poisoning ... whatever ! At least DH & I managed to stay away from the " bug " . Bril should have found out whether he has cancer in his hip last week but because of the long weekend the results will be delayed until this week ! The waiting and the stress has been hard on everybody concerned so we were glad to be there and help take their minds off it - however briefly that was . Although BriL wasn't supposed to be travelling , he and Dh managed a 2 evening trip to the hunting shack . They didn't get any alone time as Bril had a friend out there but they did do the " looking at wildlife " thing ! LOL ! When they got back then after a day of recouperating from the " bug " we all piled in the car and made a 48 hr trip to the States for some power shopping ! Dh & Bril hit the sport stores and DH managed to drop a few good $s on hunting pants for the boys and another set of binoculars for himself ( what is that all about ? He has a half dozen pair of them now ! ). I did get in on a few sales but nothing that kept telling me I really need it for scrapping ! That sucks ! I did get some ribbon at Target for a a buck though ! We came back across the boarder with less then we were allowed to bring back and money in the pocket ! Once we got back to Bril then we sat for a couple of days and did nothing ! BORING ! But finally SIl and I just caught the city bus and did some shopping . Still nothing too exciting - she isn't a scrapper and isn't interested in it at all .Even though I didn't think we had done a LOT of shopping , it was a good thing I had tucked in an soft travel bag as it was full ! Last night it was great to crawl into my own bed to sleep ..... only to be woke up by DH at 3:30 as he was in pain . His colitis has kicked into full gear with the crappy diet we had over over the past 10 days , too much eating out , too much fat and not enough stress ! DH didn't go to work today ( and that is RARE for him to stay home ). He slept for most of the day so hopefully tomorrow will bring good news from Bril and DH will settle down .......... it's just another " bump " ............

2 comments:

  1. must feel nice to be home:) Sounds like quite the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i bet you are glad to be home LOL. what is colitis? i'm assuming it is inflamation of the colon, but what exactly does that mean?

    ReplyDelete