About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, June 06, 2013

CRAZY MAY !!!!

  The past month was crazy ! So much happened that it is so hard to believe we had the month of May ! We made a quick trip south for 5 days to visit my family . My parents are elderly ( seems odd to admit that as they are still Dad & Mom even though they are in their 80's ) so it was a trip we had to take . Amazing when you think how fast the last year went as it felt like we had been down to visit not long before our trip . We did hit a silly snow snow storm on the way home ! Fortunately it wasn't sticking to the road !!!

 The weekend after we got back home we moved the RV up to the campsite . Nice to have it there and have the option of whether to spend a few days there or stay home ! We did spend a week there and had BEAUTIFUL summerlike weather !!! Unfortunately then the rain started to fall and has at some point for the majority of the days since ! We have spent a few days at the RV regardless :-) 

 Our days at home have been busy between laundry , grocery shopping and just trying to keep the house clean and yard done up . Of course we also had a 5 day trip out of town to see  CARRIE UNDERWOOD'S BLOWN AWAY concert !!!!! That was what the family gave DH as a retirement gift . TOTALLY amazing concert and so worth the trip !!!! A few days shopping at west Edmonton Mall was a nice treat too ! LOL !

 The few evenings we have been home I did make one grad card for Granddaughter #1 ! Hard to believe she is graduating already as she was just a baby yesterday !!! All I can say is I am blessed to have my kids so young and be able to watch these momentous occasions with the Grandkids . That week I also got to go to our youngest grandchild's school concert .... he is kindergarten age !!!!



 This is the card I made Granddaughter #1 using a Saturated Canary image and my Copics . Was fun to be able to do some creating !!!




I also did this note pad cover for a friend we camp with .
This is another Saturated Canary image and it is so cute . She was so excited when I gave it to her ..... her husband said she would have to go buy  a pair of shorts to match the image ! I wouldn't tell you what she told him !!!! LOL !


 We are now into June and for the first time in a long time , I actually bought a couple of cards instead of making them ! Oh well , they say it is the thought that counts ....... right ? LOL !

 Well have a great week everybody and I hope you manage to see some sun , enjoy the great outdoors and maybe some crafting thrown in . We are heading back to the RV in the morning . I have a couple new books to read and my crocheting with me so I don't care what the weather does . I am going to CHILL-AXE !!!!!


Like my Stella ! LOL !

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 PM

    I love reading your blog....it seems like the only way to catch up lately! :) I love those SC stamps...gotta get me some of those!! SUPER CUTE!!!
    Glad you're enjoying the Taj....we're still planning to get up there one of these days. You never know when we might just surprise you! :) ....L :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should just have come here to catch up on what you've been doing. LOL!!
    Oh my gosh these are adorable!! The grad card with the clock is brilliant and I love the dots you colored around campfire girl. I would have liked to seen her being excited. hee hee Nice to see you creating and yes, it is the thought that counts!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete