About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Saturday, April 20, 2013

MORE Birthdays ......

 Our oldest son is having his 39th Birthday ( for real ! And probably the first of MANY 39's ! LOL ! ) at the end of next week . He is away for his birthday as the company he works for is send him and 3 work buddies to an Edmonton Oilers / Vancouver Canuck's game . They are all pretty excited as the game is in Edmonton and they will get to spend one full day shopping in their favorite store ...... CABELA'S !!!  Nothing sounds more like fun for these guys then watching a hockey game , drinking beer and shopping in their favorite outdoor sports store .... unless it is hunting or fishing that is !!!

 When I saw this image by Magnolia , I knew I had to do SOMEHING with it ! It tickled my funny bone ........

  

I really couldn't decide what to do with the image as I didn't buy the background image so I thought I 
would just keep the card very simple . Edwin is colored with COPIC markers . I never keep track of which colors I use though .


 A friend had a birthday this week and I made this card for her though it will be late arriving as I had to mail it . This is the image I received in my MAGNOLIA INK magazine this month and I just HAD to ink it up immediately ! Another image colored with Copic markers and some new My Mind's Eyes paper . A very quick , simple card as well ! I actually used my mini Scor-It board to do the border on the cardstock . 

 The weather here has been flip flop from sun to rain but still not overly warm . At least we aren't get the snowstorms  that other areas are getting ! DH actually mowed the lawn last week and it will need it again this week ! A visit to the campground today showed us we wouldn't be camping for a few weeks though as they still have a good foot of snow covering most of the campground ! They were hoping to open next weekend but haven't even been able to do their Spring clean up ....... 

 Hope everybody has had a great week , had good weather and has had some creating time !

Have a great week everybody !



1 comment:

  1. HA HA I love it!! Funny about the rope idea. I was going to add it to but didn't know where so figured I had enough and left it out. Perfect papers and I like that "oh shoot" part. LOL!! Sounds like your son really had something to look forward to. A day at Cabela's for a guy...WOW! I also like your other card. Such pretty colors for a birthday card. Great layout too. Sooo nice to see your cards!!

    ReplyDelete