About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Granddaughter #4 turning 10


  I can't believe that our youngest granddaughter is turning 10 in a week ! Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control , we don't have contact with her . We know where she is and I always make sure I send her a little something to send her for most occasions . We haven't held her in our arms since she was 6 months old ( sad when we didn't even know about her until she was 3 months old ! ) It has been a rocky road and one that neither us as Grandparents nor our son as her father wish had happened . We see one photo a year of her ( well sometimes ! ) and she looks healthy and happy so one day we hope she will come look for us ... the family that miss her with all our hearts but love her just the same . Sometimes a child is never given the chance to hear the " other " side of the story , sometimes the Father is never given the chance to prove himself as such instead of just a means of money every month ( but I am rattling ! sorry ! )


 Usually I send a HUGE parcel for her but with the price of postage in Canada being what it is , I have decided this year she gets a gift card ( and that is what the son did  for her too ) . The card is going to cost me just to mail as it is ! LOL !

This was a fun card to make and surprisingly , it went together quickly !

 
 The inside of the card holds 2 packages of hot chocolate and the half circle is actually a gift card holder . 

Have a great week everybody and happy creating !






3 comments:

  1. I like your rambling. hee hee

    That is so wrong in every way!! Whatever your son's relationship is with her has nothing to do with grandparents who could give amazing love and how could someone deny that to their child? What a crock!! Ok....I'm done.

    This card and your other one (the post with the angry birds (HILARIOUS!)) are gorgeous! I love the little packettes on the inside. Same with the gift card side. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love the magnolia images! I found you in the discussion for followers at the outlawz, I hope you can pop by to visit me @ www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my heart is with you and your family donna! i can only imagine how disheartening and hard it has been for you all. hugs

    and what a gorgeous card for her...i know she'll cherish it ~ as we all do. you're work is amazing chickie!

    ReplyDelete