About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Sunday, March 13, 2011

How we spent our Sunday afternoon .....

Every year for the past 4 , the owners of the campground that we spend a lot of time in come camping season  have an end of winter - welcome to Spring campfire , wiener roast . This year being winter is taking forever to leave as is the colder weather , we are a couple week's later then usual in having our get together . This past week the temperatures actually managed to get above 0 , the sun decided to shine and the snow finally decided to start melting ....... and then this morning the wind picked up and the clouds came in threatening rain or snow ! BUT it has held off and the sky is actually showing a bit of blue right now ( of course now that we are home ! LOL ) . We spent a couple hours down at the campfire though visiting friends and watching the kids playing the snow before we left for home .... while more people started coming in ! Oh well , we will visit them in the summer when the weather is warmer and the grass is actually snowing !!! I think we will be spending the majority of our summer camping there if the price of fuel keeps going up ..... the RV likes to drink the stuff like water ! LOL !

SNOWSHOES if you want to go for a walk

coffee and a campfire .... the guy in the blue is my husband .... the heater in the snowbank was actually being moved into the owners RV as they were using theirs as the washroom ! it was not there to melt the snowbanks ! LOL !
This is the lower level of the campground ( that is one of the owner's Shelties ) . We usually camp on the top level .... #4 is already reserved in our name for the season !
another view of the snowshoes and the snowbanks

Kim and her dogs ....... see the kid's swing set to the left ? It will be a bit before they can play on them ! Last year Merv and Kim opened the campground to the public on April 1st .... this year they are hoping the 15th of April but there is a LOT of snow that has to leave first .... and that is before they can even turn on the water to the sites !!!

Hurry up Spring as we are getting anxious for camping season to start .............. Next weekend the Canyon Creek planning commity ( okay , the owners and us ! LOL ) are meeting for lunch to discuss camping season !


 Hey , if the snow doesn't want to melt , we may be trying snowshoes like these kids were doing in the tenting spots ! They made it look easy !!!! LOL !

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Love the views, what a perfect way to spend a Sunday with the family. :)

    Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! What a beautiful location! I bet the air is as clean as anywhere on earth!

    Love the fireside chat amongst snow drifts ... though it does, just a wee bit, make me want to sing Jingle Bells. :)

    ReplyDelete