About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A week to get a few things done


 Heidi over on Stamp Shoppe has issued a February challenge of a traditional Magnolia card .... the winner to be the Guest Designer for April ! Usually I avoid this " guest " challenges as I just actually do my cards because I just love to play ! Somehow this time I just felt the " need " to join in  ( plus the fact I just won last month's challenge there so how could I resist ? LOL ) . Looks like some very good competition happening there so everybody think about joining in ! What have you got to lose ? Just click here to get the details !

So are you wondering where I got those pretty Magnolia flowers ? Yes , Heidi has them in her store
Stamp Shoppe  ( click to go visit her ) and she also has the newest Magnolia release " Raising the Ceiling " . Check out her awesome little store !

My list of Copic markers isn't as long this time as I kept the image pretty simple ( for me ! LOL )

E0000 , E000 , E00 ,E11 , E30 , E31 ,E35
YR0000 ,YR21, YR31 ,
Y23
R000 ,R00 , R21, R22
G 85

I also used some glimmer spray on the flowers to give it a little lift in color .
Magnolia Spooky Tilda ( she doesn't look spooky to me just darn sweet )
Ribbon from Savvy n'Sassy ribbon kits
Bazzill with jewels  rubons that have been in my stash forever


 I am also going to enter this card over on Just Magnolia .... week 42 challenge  as it is a love card and fits there perfectly . Click on here to read all about it !

Happy creating everybody and have a good week !

3 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Donna! I love that this Tilda can be used for more than just Hallowe'en cards! Thanks for playing along in the February challenge! Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I agree, there is nothing spooky about that image (she is one of my favourites from that line). Your card is beautiful and I love that you used the new flowers. I should just open a pack and try them out LOL. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna!
    I just now saw your card... this is gorgeous!! Love the coloring, and how you used the ribbon and punched borders on the right!!
    Good luck to you! :o)
    Hugz,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete