About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A card a little different ....

 I thought it was time that I actually do a card that wasn't for a challenge , wasn't a Magnolia and wasn't girlie ! LOL ! Here is a cute stamp image from The Greeting Farm ... the ON THE FARM Collection . I made this for my dear Uncle who turns 80 this month and whom I was named after . He loved to fish in his little boat off the coast of Vancouver Island when he was younger . Sad that we get older and in poor health that we have to give up the one thing we love to do .

The image was colored with Copics ... oh how I do love these markers !
Here is a list of the colors I used

   E0000 , E000 , E00 , E11 ,E42 , E41 , E43
YG95 , G99 , Y23 ,Y26 , R11
W00 ,W4 , C2
Sakura White pen for the streaks in his hair then colored over with W00

The brads were in my stash as was everything else I used here ! I scored the DP with my Scor-It board just to give the paper some depth .

 I never know the makers of my embellishments as I usually remove them from their original packaging and store them in the drawers of my desk ........ it is just a case of finding the ones that work with what I am making ! I am not a planner .... I don't have all my supplies laid out neatly in front of me , I haven't picked out my cardstock or patterned paper when I stamp my image ..... I just run with a fleating thought and create ! I also have a desk and room that looks like a tornedo hit when I am finished but oh what a sense of accomplishment ! well worth every tiny piece of cut paper that lands on my floor and every mark of ink that stains my hand !

Thanks for looking and all the kind comments. I treasure each one of them ! Hopefully I will still be coloring with my Copics when I am 80 !

Happy 80th Uncle Don and may you have many more ! Love You !


Have a great week everybody and happy creating !

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Great card, I'm sure your uncle will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Good job with the copics.

    ReplyDelete