About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August already ?

I am not sure how this happened but August is here already ! Crazy !!!! Well after that crazy rainstorm we had in July and windstorm that went through a week later that knocked a few trees over in the campround ( thank heavens not on anything but the side of the highway and over a few paths and nobody was hurt ! ) summer arrived with a vengence ! Not since the 1880's has the North seen temperatures like we have seen for the past few weeks ..... + 30 C and higher ! No rain either so everything is tinder dry ! Scary if we get a thunder and lightening storm go through ! We are on a no campfire ban all over the province . As we just had a long weekend here , the campground was full all weekend . Only one idiot tried to have a " small " fire and got a blast from a fire extinquisher and evicted from the campground ! He didn't even plead that he was " ignorant " to the fact but said he figured it was a " small " fire so what did it it matter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet those people that have lost homes and businesses to a forest fire could give him a lecture ! SHEESH ! STUPID !

One thing about DH still being off recouperating , we have got to use the AC in the motorhome and be comfortable .... at least for a couple hours a day when the shade was almost non-existent around here . DH is recovering and is actually looking forward to returning to work on August 17th ......... and holidays soon after ! LOL ! ( Though I am sure those may get changed after the guilt sets in about all the work on his desk ! ) . Lots of changes happening with the company he works for as well so there may be some major changes happening there as well ........... we will roll with the changes whichever way they may go ! We have been through this 3 or 4 times already with the company over the past 30 years . What will happen , will happen !

Not sure when life will return to " normal " but we plan on relaxing here until the 16th of August then I may or may not stay on until after Labour Day . I may need some " ME " time ! LOL ! We have had a few trips in to home but not in any hurry to return for good either ! Winter was far too long and not that far away so we will just play this out as long as we can !

Enjoy the sun , play safe , travel safe and relax as summer is moving far to quickly !

No comments:

Post a Comment