About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Call us crazy .... and cold !






Are we crazy ? Probably ! The owners of our favorite quick get-away campground invited a bunch of us summer campers down for a hot dog roast and campfire last Sunday afternoon . After a week of -20+ weather and snow , none of us were too sure what Sunday would bring . Well Sunday brought SUN and warmer temperatures ( -8 C 17 F when we drove into the campground ! ) ..... and NO WIND ! A BIG bonus !!!
It was a beautiful crisp day and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves . More curious was the fact that campfire seemed to stink and cling far worse then any summer campfire we had ever had ! LOL ! Great company and other then the fact the wieners took forever to cook over the fire and the hot dog buns froze ( can't imagine why ! LOL ) it was FUN ! Merv even put a heater in the outhouse and dug a path to it so we didn't have to trudge through waist deep snow to get there ! As my feet were freezing , it wasn't a bad place to warm up ..............
Only 3 more months ( some are saying or wishing 2 ) before the camping season starts again but I sure hope the snow and cold weather leave before then as I have definitely had my fill of winter and I can't see the picnic tables so I am not camping until I can ! I don't think I am that CRAZY !!!!!
" Find fun in everything and make do with what you have ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment