About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

REFLECTION

 I am not sure whether it is the time of year , the weather or just time to move on . I have no ambition to craft , no ambition to go for a walk and no desire to do much of anything . Some people would call me lazy and others would call me depressed ...........  maybe it is a bit of both ! I think it is just because I am tired of winter . They say we have had one of the worst winters in years ..... lots of snow , lots of cold , cold weather ................ snowing when it is really cold ! Bizarre weather that just keeps going on and on ! And yes it is snowing again !!!!! And yes it is cold again ! SHEESH !!!!! Enough already !!!!!!

 What is one to do ? Well I just spent an hour going through my old blog posts and I see all the paper crafting I have done over the years and wish I had the ambition to get busy again ..... in a room filled with crafty tools and goodness . I don't even want to think how much money is sitting in that room but then  also reflect on the hours all that crafty goodness that brought me hours of joy and contentment ...... especially when DH was away so much for so many years . My crafting brought joy to those that received whatever I had made and given away . My blog posts brought back memories that were put down on paper  that may have been trapped in my memories without anybody knowing about them . Some made me laugh , others made me smile and even others brought tears .

 Life changes daily . Those are memories , the past , the present and the future . Each a gift either wrapped in our memories or waiting to be wrapped to add to the rest . We know where we have been , we hope we have set plans for the future but each minute life can change in a blink in an eye with no warning . Dreams change , life changes like a river ..... sometimes just flowing by smoothly and other times like fast moving rapids where you aren't sure what the next bend will bring . We all hope we are going to make it to shore without any casualties .

 Today is the first day of the rest of your life . It is your choice as to how you lead it . Today I am going to pick up some yarn and start a new project for a new life that will join the world sometime in June . Not a new grandchild for us but for my DH's brother's family . They are so happy and excited but still a bit sad as he wouldn't be here to meet the wee lass . He will be with them in every breath though and in their hearts . New memories , new life ! Life is good !

 Tomorrow maybe the sun will shine and the temperature will warm up . Tomorrow is a new day ....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment