About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Friday, November 15, 2013

GETTING CREATIVE ........... finally !

 DH left this morning for a week away with the " boys " . It was snowing when he left and it ended up a very wet , dreary day . The perfect day to kick back , relax and finish up a couple cards that I have been working on . I have 4 birthday cards to be made before the middle of December ... and about a half dozen Christmas cards . I have decided that this year I am only doing homemade cards for people that actually appreciate them . I spend way to much time creating them to have them end up in the garbage can . I am so enjoying playing again and making a huge mess of my room ! I have a week that I don't have to worry about making meals or anything else .... it is just me and the animals ! LOL !

  This card has been made for my Granddaughter who turns 17 soon . The image is by Saturated Canary and I colored her with Copic markers then used lots of Stickles on the card in different spots . The doilies are distressed with TH Distressed Inks .

Some close-ups of the card .




And this is the first Christmas card finished . I had some premade card blanks that I bought on clearance at MICHAEL'S a few years ago . Think they will work great for these cute dies ! Magnolia's Tilda works so well with the tree ! She is colored with Copic markers and then some SNOW puff on the snow that is then highlighted with Stickles .




 Stickles have been highly used all over the card !




 Pop back later in the week as I hope to have more cards made and ready for posting . So much fun to be back !!!

 Have a GREAT weekend .... I plan on it with my crafting a few new novels I am happy to kick back and read . The animals are content to kick back with me .... 3 Yorkies curled up on the couch ( 2 under a blanket ) and the cat is flopped on her " pillow " sound asleep too !

                                                           AIN'T LIFE GRAND !!!!!


1 comment:

  1. WOW...what an absolutely stunning card chickie! as always...such beautiful colouring and detail work! LUV LUV LUV IT! and your christmas card is just adorable... glad to see you playing again and can't wait to see all those creations getting stacked while keith is away...enjoy your time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete