About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Saturday, December 31, 2011

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 !



 

The end to 2011 is just a bit over an hour away PST ! We are the last time zone to change so we are the last of Canada to ring in the New Year 2012 ! Guess it doesn't really matter as it will happen sooner or later regardless . As I sit here waiting for the ball to drop in Time Square ( even if it is time delayed for our time zone ! LOL ! ) , I sit by myself as DH and the dogs have already headed off to bed ! Definitely not like life was even 30 years ago for us ! Life has been a whirlwind this past few months and doesn't seem to be slowing down any . Maybe life always was busy but is just more noticeable the older we get !
 This year has been one of smiles , one of tears , one of good memories and one of sad memories . We have met new people , reconnected with a few friends from days-gone-by  and said good bye to friends that have passed away . We were able to do a bit of traveling and a lot of camping in the Taj ! Had one of the worst winters we have ever experienced in the 28 years of living in Northern B.C. ...... and survived to tell about it ! Just kidding but sure are hoping that this winter doesn't last as long as the Winter of 2010-11 was !!! And definitely not as much snow as we saw or rain we had in the Summer of 2011 !

 2011 found me still creating my cards and  playing with my Copics but I am not quite as obsessed as I was . Don't get me wrong , I still love to create them and play with my Copics but I am taking longer to create one card by putting in more detail as you can see by the last few cards I have done ! I have also picked up my crochet hook which I hadn't touched in years ! Seems that all those scarves I crocheted before Christmas ended up in Christmas parcels and didn't end up for sale like I had planned ! They were a big hit ! My biggest challenge for 2012 is trying to figure out how to fit all my hobbies in with the rest of my day and accomplish all those other things like laundry , cooking , cleaning and shopping in there too ! LOL ! Thank heavens crochet hooks travel in the RV without taking up too much space !!! LOL !

 I am not sure what 2012 holds for DH & I but January is already full on the calender ! We are already talking about a trip in the RV come July and may just extend that holiday longer then the normal 2 weeks ! We will see how THAT plays out ! LOL !

 Take care dear friends and family and may 2012 have all your dreams come true ! Health and happiness to everybody !

Until next year ( which is 45 minutes away ! )  Happy creating ! Hug those you love just a little tighter tonight as there is no guarantee what tomorrow may bring !

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post!! As for not being sure how to fit your hobby in, well some days you just have to do it and leave the laundry, leave the chores and just enjoy!! This card is super cute Donna and I wish you a wonderful 2012 and a shorter winter. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Beautiful post, "Happy Healthy Blessed New Year Wishes" to you and your family Donna!

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete