About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day !

 WOW ! Where has the year gone ? Another Valentine's Day is upon us ! Some people think Valentine's Day has become too commercialized and we shouldn't celebrate on any given day ....... Well my take may be a bit  different as I am " old school " and after 38 years of being with the same " guy " I think Valentine's Day is a wonderful day ( plus the fact I get totally spoiled by my " man " ) LOL !

 Each year I give thanks for finding the love of my life and believe me if you notice the name of my blog you will understand that this has been a very rough road to get to this many years together . I was 18 when I met my DH and we were married within 6 months .......... 3 kids later and 5 grandkids and 38 years behind us . Life has been about living pay cheque to pay cheque and raising our family ...... accepting things we can not change and learning how to deal with what has been thrown at us . But through it all , we have stuck together , worked on the problems and learned how to " not sweat the small stuff " . Love doesn't make life easier or pay the bills but it does give you that warm fuzzy feeling when you know you have a shoulder and a warm body to lean on through thick and thin ........... you know , all those things those wedding vows talked about . It isn't about declaring our love every 5 minutes but knowing it is there without asking ... it is a feeling , it is life , it is LOVE !!


for my love ........ for all eternity !


Happy Valentine's Day everybody !!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your love!

    Your card is fun and beautiful, and your post is the very definition of what Valentine's Day is about (being grateful for a supportive shoulder). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Love the card, too, made me grin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a cool heart frame!! Especially with the added lace. I love what you put in there about your life and it's hardship but that you guys are still together and still love each other. That's so cool. oh ya and can you turn down the lights a bit? It's bright down here! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete