About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 73 and Top 3 !

 I am super excited about making Top 3 last week   ( and proud to show off the blinkie on my sidebar ) over on Sweet Sketch Wednesday so when I saw the nice sketch this week I just had to play along again !


Such a fun sketch to work with and with some pretty DP from BG " Jovial " some lace and those wonderful Prima poinseittas ( that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist ) and some lace and velvet ribbon from Sassy n Savvy made a quick card with this cute image from Balmarmarna !




This cute little guy was colored with my Copics then given texture by using the rag tecnique ( Blender pen fluid on toweling then dabbed over the sweater image and hat ! Gives a wool look ! )

Thanks for looking and pop over to Sweet Sketch wednesday and come play !

Have a great weekend everybody and happy creating !

10 comments:

  1. I could just hug him...he's so cute! Darling Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your top 3 recognition!! And what an adorable card this week! Love the texture you gave his sweater, I will definitely be using that technique. So happy you joined us again at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious! I love your sweet image and how you colored it up. I also love the fun scalloped border around your image. A very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ..what a scrumptious card donna! lovin that rag technique ~ it gives it such a 'real' look to it! and lovin that plaid pp and those poisettias with the touch of glimmer mist..yummy! fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, Congratulations on making the Top 3 over here at SSW great work. Just love this card great image and colours and your wonderful embellishments. Where was this paper and embellishments when I needed it a few weeks ago??? Couldn't find any, anywhere!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just so sweet this week. Love that darling image.Your added detail just so fun. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet and I love the plaid!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! this image is just a heartbreaker!! Too cute! Another beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, we love visiting your blog each week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - He is fabulous! I love all your details and your pearl strings are beautiful! Congrats on Top 3 - so well deserved! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very sweet! Congrats on the Top 3, well deserved. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete