About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, August 12, 2010

One down and a couple more to go !

  Another crazy week here with trying to get ready to head back to the RV for the weekend and having some minor little things done around the house ! We had Reno Man come in and redo the trim on our front window ( winter is so hard on paint inside and out in this country ! ) and around the garden door . So nice to get that done and out of the way ! My husband wouldn't hold a paint brush if he can help it .... and can't say I blame him as the only paint brush I like to hold is one that is related to crafting ! LOL !

 Well even though the week has been busy , I did manage to get in my room and play for a bit . I have at least 5 cards I need to get done before the end of the month ..... and we have another week of holidays happening before then ! This is a card I made for my sister's birthday on September 1st ! This image just cracked me up as it is so her and I ............. I wouldn't tell you which one I am though ! ( Okay Cheryl , quit laughing as I KNOW you saw the resemblance immediately ! ) . This card will get hand delivered as we will be down at the coast just after to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday ( earlier then his actual birthday but the best time for us to travel ! )



The image and sentiment are by Mo Manning for Stamping Bella ! Image is colored with a swack of Copic Markers and highlighted with STICKLES for sparkle ! The patterned paper is from BG Capella line , flowers are Prima and Magnolia , a Martha Stewart edge punch and lace from Savvy n' Sassy complete the card !

Well today is my baby's 30th Birthday and I am still trying to get his card together ... tomorrow morning  for sure ! He is away for a few days so I actually have a few days of grace to it done ! Hard to believe he is THAT old ..... wonder if it means he will actually grow up ? ( or do guys EVER ! LOL ) Oh well .... Happy Birthday Jared !

Time to get a pasta salad thrown together for the weekend and that will be one less thing to do tomorrow ! I LOVE that the sun is supposed to shine for the weekend and all of next week but not thrilled that we are looking at another week of 30+ C temperatures . Our forests are going up in flames , the wind is starting to pick up sending the smoke over the area ! So far the fires are not really close here but all it takes is one spark of carelessness to set things off ! Be careful !

It takes one little spark to start a forest fire but why does it take a whole box of matches to start a campfire ?

Well , most of BC has a NO CAMPFIRE ban on right now so fingers crossed some fool  doesn't think he can have one !

Have a fantastic weekend everybody , relaxing , camping , attending weddings or simply just staying home ! Stay cool and TFL !!!

Happy crafting !

1 comment:

  1. girl that is one rawkin card! i totally love that image..and your coloring certainly did it justice...beautiful! and....love the punched edging and embellies..yummy!

    ReplyDelete