About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stamp Shoppe ... Irma's last challenge

 Over on Stamp Shoppe , our friend Irma is finishing up her Guest DT with this week's challenge with a fun Magnolia card called a special - fold card ! Read about it here . Please join us and get a chance at winning a cool  prize .......... but it is a secret ! LOL ! So , I had lots of time to play this week as DH is on a business trip ( due home tonight though ) . I have gone nowhere all week but played in my room  ! I could decide which card to put on here for Irma's challenge so I am posting 2 ! LOL !

This is a gate-fold card ( I do believe ! LOL ) as it opens two ways ( like hinges ) . It was such a fun card to do ! I used Magnolia's Bandage Edwin ( and had bought it from Heidi at Stamp Shoppe last year ) as I thought he looks adorable on the stone wall .... and so typical of a boy ... banged up and bruised ! My patterned paper also came from Stamp Shoppe and is a beautiful quality that is produced my Magnolia as well . The cardstock I used is from Stampin' Up . The sentiment comes from one of my most used and favorite sets by Stampendous called " Friendly Messages " .... as for my Copic colors .......................... Wild guess is I used E 0000 , E 000 , E00 , E 11 , E 35 , E 30 , E 08B 34 , B45 , YG 06 , YG23 , G85 , G 82 .... and probably a couple more then that ! I really have to remember to start taking photos of my pens all the time not just occasionally !This is an easle card I did with Edwin and Tilda  . The patterned Paper is BG " Green at Heart " and my cardstock was Bazzill . The flowers are Primas and I used yellow stickles in the middle of them . Punches by Martha Stewart were used for the borders and the butterflies ( which were cut from vellum ) . The tulip punchout was then colored with Copics ...... Don't you love the " kids " jumping and playing in the flowerbed ? LOL ) . Again , the sentiments were from Stampendous . Copics used .... I have no idea ! LOL ! It was a couple days ago !


Well that is it for me on my Stamp Shoppe Challenge . Come play and enjoy your weekend !

2 comments:

  1. Donna, they're both wonderful! I love the gate-fold card idea-- I've never even attempted one of those. You rocked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both cards! I haven't even attempted an easel card yet, guess it's about time I got off my butt LOL... BTW, I love how you used the patterned paper as a background (clouds). Thanks for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete