About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Drunken Stampers Challenge 13 ......... COFFEE

 Well I am a day late getting this challenge on my blog and I could give you a million excuses WHY but it boils down to us heading out on the first camp of the season , freezing our butts ( it snowed in town yesterday but we just got rained on ) and a very SLOW WiFi connection so I couldn't get this challenge to post ! Okay , the truth is we were CAMPING in an RV not a tent but the connection was still terrible ! LOL ! I could have done a pre-post to blogger but it simply didn't happen with everything else that did before we left ! LOl !

So enough excuses and on to this week's challenge for Drunken Stamper's ! The challenge is to create a card COFFEE related ! Well that is an easy one right ? I KNOW I have stamps of coffee related things here but for the life of me , I have stored them SOMEWHERE and they have hidden themselves so I had to go to plan " B " which may have been Plan " A " regardless as I had something in mind as soon as Peggy and Spike told me what the challenge was . .... Here is my card and then I will tell you all about it ...........


 I have this very cool paper pack from DCWV " HOME " stack that I bought at Winner's for cheap and it is a very heavy , glittery paper , both the background and the cup are cut from this stack . The cup , I freehand drew ( I shocked myself as it actually looked like the shape of a mug .... I am no sketch artist ! ) Then I added LIQUID SNOW to be froth and let it dry then heated with my heat gun ( they look like mini marshmellows .... oh well ! LOL )  . I then inked a ready made tag and hand wrote on it . The HELLO is from a stamp set by VERVE`  and then punched with a SU flower punch and then inked . Before I taped my mug down , I tried to give it some dimension by stuffing with a bit of cotton so it looks like a full cup  ...... Add some ribbon and VOILA !!!! DONE !!! For some added fun , the card can actually become a gift card holder ( that is MY Tim Horton card tucked in the top and does NOT go with the card .... just for visual purposes ! LOL )


Come join us everybody on Drunken Stampers and have a wonderful week .... and HAPPY CREATING !!!
After all this coffee talk , I am off to my kitchen to make one in my Tassimo ...................... I love my " quiet " cup of coffee in the afternoon !!!!  ( and then I going to spend a relaxing afternoon in my room playing with my inks and stamps ! )


1 comment:

  1. Donna, I'm in love with this card! It makes me want a cappuccino (I mean, I wanted one, anyway, but not I want it more). The blues and browns look awesome together.

    ReplyDelete