About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year

 It has been a busy 10 days so I am happy I found time to sit and create a bit over the past few days . It is my downtime where I can unwind and hide in my room ! DH bought me a nice IPOD dock for my room so I can drowned out the hockey games that have been non-stop on our TV since we got back from DD's on Dec 29th . I will be glad when Monday comes and life can become normal .... whatever that is ! DH has been on holidays since December 24th and although it has been nice to have him home , it is definitely time for him to go back to work ! Holidaying in the good weather is great as we can jump in the RV and just go ... winter holidays aren't great as the RV is in strage and we have no desire to go to some exotic place that is going to require a long plane ride ! LOL !

 Christmas has come and gone and we enjoyed the time with each of our kids and their families . Santa ( and Grandpa and Grandma ) was very generous to say the least ! New Year's was quiet here  as DH & I chose to stay in and watch a movie ... after all his hockey games were over for the night . I made it to bring in 2010 by myself as DH went to bed before 11 ( still later then he usually goes ) .

 We made NO New Year's resolutions here as we never keep them regardless ! Hopefully we can both make a commitment on some weight loss around here though as we both need to ! I am sending a huge bage of choclate to work with DH on Monday to get it out of the house ... I definately do not need the stuff here !

Here is a card I made using a cute Sarah Kay stamp . This image reminds me of my DD as she was so into Hollie Hobbie when she was little !



Have a great week everybody !

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card Donna! I love the SK image and you've used such pretty paper with it! Thanks for paying me a visit and leaving a comment on my blog! Can't wait to see what you do for the LSS January challenge!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, Found your blog through Danielles.. Beautiful card.. Love the SK image and you have colored her perfectly!!! Very lovely paper..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete