About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Awesome blog candy

Jacque's Joie de Vivre has some beautiful Valentine blog candy to give away here.( click on Jacque's name and scroll down to find the post ! LOL ) ..... Sadly this woman with so much talent has also been diagnosed with breast cancer and is now going to be undergoing treatment starting next week ! Seems more and more women are being diagnosed and whether it is to the mammograms  they are having , the self awareness or the education that is being put out there ... it is all good as this disease can be treated and hopefully cured 100% before long . So to my online and " real " friends , make sure you are self aware of your body and the changes , get a mammogram and mostly don't be " afraid " to visit your Dr and demand an exam ! Mammograms in BC are paid for through your health insurance and you do not need a Dr's referral so please make that appointment ! October may be Breast Cancer  awareness month but we should be aware ever day and every month !

 So for Jacque , Peggy and Roberta ......  Thank all of you for bring this awareness to my house through your own findings !


 Happy creating ladies and hope you all live long , happy and healthy lives !

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Hey...where's the link for the blog candy??! LOL!!! WOW ...look at you go with all the sidebar action!!! I love the new Sunday Challenge blog and Peggy's new Saturday blog is going to be fun too!! We're going to be busy on the weekends now!! :) Loved looking at all your stamps and the layout of "L" that I see you haven't posted here yet is GORGEOUS!!!! I loved what you did with that kit!! You GO girl!!! Glad the thumb is feeling better!!!.....L :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Doh!! I meant ...."loved looking at all your cards" not stamps!! I'm such a putz!!

    ReplyDelete