About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Remember

I remember standing in the cold at as a child watching the Canadian Legion members placed wreaths at the base of the cenitaph ( I never could spell the name properly ! ) in our small town . I am a child of the '50's so we had many hometown vets and I probably knew everyone of them . I don't know what they saw or what they experienced ... some were heroes that fought more then one war on far away lands and others never left Canada  . Every story was unique , some to be told over and over and some never to be mentioned . Some people were mear shells of themselves that were haunted by dreams of times past , some were war brides brought from far countries to a home they knew nothing about and they mourned for the families they lost or left behind and the country that was their homelands . We were raised with Germans , Italians , Japanese , Chinese , the Polish , the Jews and others ... we lived in our small town without prejudism ( or we never knew there was any ! ) and accepted everybody as neighbours  .

 Our small town lost more then one brother , husband , son  and daughter during the wars of the past and we honored them every year on November 11th . We wore our red poppies with pride that the ladies of the Legion came into our classrooms and gave us every year . We were taught to respect our vets and cherish the life we had been gived because of these vets that kept our land free .

 I thank each of the members of the military past and present that have given so much of themselves to keep us free and protect what a great country we have ....


" Least we forget "

No comments:

Post a Comment