About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Monday, September 07, 2009

Getting organized

and a whole lot spoiled ! I finally found a system that is going to work well for my room that will keep it fairly neat and organized !  3 years ago I bought a desk from Best Scrapbook Shelf .com . What started out as desk purchase has turned into a work in progress for my tiny room . I have since added a paper tower ( they have been changed in design since I bought mine ) and a great double tower that houses my stamps and some other goodies ! still , I found my room was in total disarray and I couldn't find my desktop most of the time with paper , stamps and ink caddy and my tool caddy ! I finally ordered the hutch for my desk last month ( bare ) and added my own setup of drawers and shelves . I just bought 6 3.5" drawers with the hutch then rearranged my setup ! I am so pleased with the whole setup but still was having trouble accessing my markers  and pens . I found this great storage system by Quickutz called a Magpie Storage System and it works perfect to store my Copic markers within reach !!! I have my SU markers in a CTMH marker tower and my Glitter pens , Souffle pens and other fun pens in a SU marker holder !!! Nothing like mixing up brands but hey it works ! LOL !  I also have a Clip-It up that is loaded to hilt to hold my rubons , glittery things and anything else I could get on it ! Too bad I am about an inch too short for reaching the top tier comfortably and spend a lot of time standing on a stool ! I also have an ancient wall unit section that houses more stamps , my albums and my pocketbooks that are waiting to be read !!! 
So this is my CRAPPY ROOM where I can hide from the sports and I get to do my own thing .......
By the way , the desk has been rearranged again since these photos were taken ........................ it is ano ongoing process ......... like the buying and stashing of my " goodies " ...............

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good Donna!! I think I might have to take another look at those best buy systems!! I need to do something with my "space"!

    ReplyDelete