About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Monday, February 09, 2009

I hit a bump ....................

well not a bump actually , more like a patch of smooth ice while trying to get out of our Toyota Tacoma ( and I hate that I am short so have to jump in order to clear the useless running boards ) needless to say , my feet hit the patch of ice that was on the gown and suddenly there I was , on my hinny hung up on the truck runners with my arms and sprawled for all of Tim Horton's to see !!! Yupe , had to make a grand entrance that Saturday morning . Fortunately DH was there to help me up ( no easy feat as I am no light weight :-) and brush me off ( yes , I think he was more worried about the mud and snow I got on my coat then the fact I could have actually hurt myself ! ) . He was kind enough to ask if I wanted to go home but I figured that everybody had already seen me land gracefully that I deserved a good cup of coffee . I hurt like H**** but figured I was moving so must be okay .... ........

Fast forward 2 weeks ahead , funny how I have discovered I had muscles I didn't know I had ! My shoulder took the brunt again ( why is it always my right shoulder ? LOL ) but some ice , heat and general being careful , it feels better . The bruises are clearing up on my back and ................ LOL ! Dang running boards ! Well last week my left wrist started bothering me .... badly .......took 3 days to get into our Dr as he is away ( again ) and just a locum covering 1/2 days . Should they X-ray or shouldn't they ..... Nope , just let's leave it and see how you make out over the weekend . Wrap it , ice it , elevate it , be careful .... rest............. SOOOOOOOOOOOO , today , my arm is sore ( but wrapped ) and I still don't know whether I broke a bone or sprained it or just bruised the darn thing ! Uggg , I can't seeing sitting in the ER for HOURS either so I will sit tight and suffer in silence ( well maybe whine a bit :-) and if it doesn't stop hurting then that is what I will have to do to get some answers ..................................

Hey , don't they know I am a crafter and can't just sit and not doing anything ..... but then it is my left arm so maybe I will be able to play regardless !!! And then again , maybe I will be able to catch up some of the 100 pocketbooks I have waiting to be read !!!!

Hope you all have a good week ! The sun is shining here after we had another dump of snow last night but the temperature is hovering around 5 so it is a good start to the week ....................... hopefully ! LOL !

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly! I hope your arm feels better soon and you don't have to go back to the ER!

    ReplyDelete