About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
I have been married to the same guy for a LONG time ! We have 3 grown children and the 5 loves of our lives that they have given us ... 4 girls and one boy ! I have been crafting all my life and found my true addiction when I taught myself to use Copic Markers and introduced them into my card making ! I am NOT certified in the use of Copics but that doesn't stop me from creating with them ! I always been a bit of a crafting rebel and don't follow directions well !I love crafting with my hands and seldom will you find them idle as they usually have a crochet hook , knitting needles or a book in them . Exercise is not my strong suit ! LOL ! My husband and I also love camping in our RV ( weather permitting ... as in NO snow !) so most weekends from Spring to Fall you find us camped somewhere with our 3 Yorkies .... though don't tell them they aren't BIG dogs ! Hope you enjoy my little touch of my life .... the creative and the real life !

Thursday, August 30, 2007

WHAT ?

How can it be the end of August already ? We never even had summer for all of August and it has done nothing but rain and be gloomy ! But life goes on regardless and we are going to go camping this weekend regardless to the weather . It is a LONG weekend after all !!! LOL !
So first off , Happy Anniversary to my parents for tomorrow ... 56 yrs ! Wow , that is a LONG time ......... Congratulations and know I love you both so very much . Distance doesn't make a difference as I am there with you in my thoughts .... and will see you in October !

A HUGE Happy Birthday to my older sister for the 1st !!! Thank you for all you do ...and I don't have to tell you what that is ....just wait for the doorbell to ring for a surprize ... and no it isn't me ( tried that once and just about gave everybody a heart attack and don't do that with the age everybody is getting to now ! LOL ) ..... all I will say , is the surprize will smell pretty !

August has brought some very good news too ...and we could use it with all that has happened this year ! BIL has had his brain cancer go into remission ! That is a miracle but after radical radiation it is everything we all hoped for . Now if they could just get the cancer in his stomach to go away ........... BUT miracles do happen ! Who knows , he may outlive us all ...we can only hope ! MIL had a brain tumor many years ago , went to Sweden and had the gamma knife ( ray ) done and her's has never completely gone away but it hasn't grown either .... and she is 86 yrs old ( think ) ....her sister is 99+ this year though longevity runs in the female side !

Dh is struggling daily with health issues but is back to work full time . We are hoping to take another week off soon to go camping for one relaxing holiday before it is time to pack the MH away for the season . I am having rotator cuff problems so have been going to physio trying to get some strength back into it ....which limits what I can do or for how long . I did manage a couple scrapbook pages and a couple cards this week though ............ it has been a challenge just to sit for any length of time at my desk . So many supplies and no mojo .............. does not make me or DH a happy camper ! More supplies coming in then I will use in a life time ! LOL !!! Oh well , those 100 pocketbooks sitting here are getting read at least !!! I am working on #4 already this week ! Crappy weather certainly helps too !

Happy Labour Day everybody and I hope the sun shines for you ! I figure we had September weather in August so we should get August weather in September ....RIGHT ? Play safe and enjoy your families and the end of summer !

2 comments:

  1. well i will trade you our HOT ASS SUN for your rain LMAO. i am sick of summer and am ready for fall LMAO. we sooooo need the rain down here it's pathetic. have fun camping this weekend :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the last few trips of camping you can get in this year.
    I agree no summer to speak of unless you count the 5 days of over extreme heat that you could not even go outside in!! LOL
    Having health issues is not fun but we all wish you peace and happiness during these very difficult times
    peace, Tanya

    ReplyDelete